Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Experiment #1

I am not new to blogging but I am not that great at it.  I intend to use this blog to help out other Preschool teachers like me to find creativity for our classrooms. Preschool so far for me has been fun, exciting, and a challenge.  My first job was to teach my kids that I will be loving but firm with the way things will be ran.  The previous teacher had let the kids run, and stomp all over her and it took me 3 weeks to get them under control and to a point where we could play and learn in a safe for all environment. I had to scour the internet (Thank God for Pinterest) for classroom management techniques that worked for my high energy class. I was super successful using this technique: http://lavengersage.blogspot.com/2012/06/classroom-management.html
 It worked like a charm.  So things have been moving right along, pretty smoothly since implementing this classroom management style. Pretty soon I realized I was going to need to figure out how to teach these guys more then just the themes that I had from my previous class (Toddlers).  They needed to get ready to go to Kindergarten. That was a bit daunting at first but again I scoured the internet for help. (seriously Pinterest is my God send:).  The past few months I have really had my eyes open for learning and exploring opportunities.  I have a great group of 13 kids.  They are really open to new experiences and love getting a chance to show off new skills.  I really hope that the things I share with you will help you discover your love of teaching in Preschool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment